Home > Forum > Projectors > Portable

Portable Projector for MacBook Pro

This forum is for discussing portable projectors.

Moderator: Jason

Portable Projector for MacBook Pro

Postby mdesignz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:49 am

Hello, I use a MacBook Pro for all of my presentations. These are usually Keynote (Powerpoint), or a display of relatively small text (i.e., displaying documents). So, I'm guessing high contrast ratio and dealing with Mac's native "stretched" format would be ideal. Any recommendations?
mdesignz

Postby Jason » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:59 pm

A high contrast is good to consider. You also might want to look at high resolution projector if the problem is that your text is getting pixilated. What price range are you looking at for a new projector? Also what kind of rooms will you be presenting in? Will there be ambient light? If you could let me know, I will be able to help you find a quality projector.

-Jason
Jason

Postby mdesignz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi Jason!
First, thanks for the quick reply. Your information is very helpful. I'd like to keep it below $1,000, but I'd also be interested in hearing what the best unit is as well. Portability is important. The conference rooms are "normal" size. Maybe 20 people max viewing the screen from 20 - 30 feet. Ambient light is always controllable, but will usually be bright enough to view reading material as well. Thanks again for all of your help.
mdesignz

Postby Jason » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:26 pm

I found three possible projectors that could help you. They are all light weight, feature a native WXGA (1280 x 800) for your mac, and cost less than $1000.

First up is the Dell 1609X ($849)projector that features 2500 ANSI lumens and a 1900:1 contrast ratio. This projector weighs only 5 lbs and features two RGB connections for your laptop and another source. In addition, this model also has a 8W speaker system that allows you to play any audio you want.

Next is the Optoma EW628 ($999) that features 2700 ANSI lumens and a 2000:1 contrast ratio. This model is a little better and a little lighter, weighing only 4.4 lbs. This model doesn't have the dual RGB connections, but it does come with an HDMI port if you wish to use it at home.

Lastly is the BenQ MP735 ($999). This model is the brightest of the bunch with 3000 ANSI lumens and a 2800:1 contrast ratio. This projector is a little heavier than the others, weighing just under 8 lbs, but it is still light enough for traveling.
Jason

Return to Portable